Are you new to these leagues? If so, please read the Coaches' Guide - it contains useful information on one page (double sided, of course). You should also review the definitive guide to Discipline, as it will save you a lot of unnecessary aggravation.
Please take some time to read the coaches' conduct. It helps you and the league to run the games in the spirit of fair play and the recreational nature of this environment.
Please check the OSA's Code of Conduct here. In addition, the ESL and NPHSL ask of coaches the following traits and behaviours:
1. do not play "carded" competitive players (L1 to L5) - contact the president for clarifications, if required
2. do not transfer or use a player from another league team or your "sister" team(s)
3. play every player 50% of every game
4. help to balance your team with your "sister" teams in the club (see R&R Section 2.c)
5. do not run up the score - keep it to a 3 goal differential; ask player to score by head only, or from 20/30 yards out, with "other" foot, by defenders only, etc
6. Observe your technical area - typically a 1 meter perimeter around the bench
7. Don't smoke or drink while coaching (must we still point this out?)
8. Remember these 3 points:
Reporting game Results
1. Send a quick email to your age group convenor - you must report the game score within 24 hours!
2. Send, or scan & email, the game sheet to your convenor within 48 hours of game end.
If you fail to send in your game sheet, a 1:0 loss will be recorded against you.
In case your team scored more than 3 goals, only a 3 goal differential will be recorded.
Rule Deviations from FIFA's Laws of the Game
A. Unlimited substitutions, albeit the referee may disallow near the end of the game in the interest of time (check the R&Rs if you're unsure of when to substitute)
B. No more than 4 non-players on the bench (called game officials, such as coaches, trainers, managers)
C. Home team provides game ball and stand-by ball
D. Home team pays referee before game begins
E. A coach may dress up to 25 players, but can only field 2 players more than the opposition (e.g. away team has 7, home team can field 9)
F. Team defaults after 15 minutes if it doesn't field 7 players with a loss of 0:3.
G. Games lengths and ball sizes are as follows:
Questions or problems regarding
this web site should be directed to [firstname.lastname@example.org].